ST SERF TOWER
Located in Dysart, Fife, the St. Serf's Tower useds to be the tower of St Serf's Church . Dedicated in 1245 by Bishop de Bernham it had been a place of worship for many years before. However by 1800 the church had fallen into disrepair, and with costly repairs it was abandoned in favour of a new church. The main building of the church was destroyed when a new road was built, leaving the tower as the ony remains of the church. With 103 steps to the top, it provides panoramic views of the area and was used as a lookout during the First and Second Wars.