Castle Menzies is located at Weem, near Aberfeldy in Perth and Kinross and is a Z-plan tower of late 16th century in origin. Replacing a castle which was burned to the ground in 1502, this Castle Menzies was built with local stone and decorated with blue slate and occupies land which is ancient Menzies homeland. Owned by the clan Menzies chiefs until 1918, it is now in the care of the Menzies Clan Society. Of particular interest are the great hall, with its ceiling commemorating the Union of 1707, Prince Charlie's Room, where the Young Pretender slept for two nights and the anteroom with its collection of memorobilia. The western wing was added in 1840 and was designed by William Burn.